City of Bellevue, Washington
Are you a leader committed to continuous improvement and innovation and working as the Director of Development Services in a world-class city? Do you have a passion for public service? The City of Bellevue is looking for a Director of Development Services to join the city’s award-winning team. Come and be part of a leadership team in one of the country’s most innovative and forward-thinking cities.
The City of Bellevue, with a diverse population of more than 149,440 and more than 150,000 jobs, is known as a community with beautiful natural areas, a vibrant downtown, a strong economy, some of the nation’s best schools, and healthy neighborhoods. The City’s Mission is to “provide exceptional customer service, uphold the public interest and advance the Community Vision.” Bellevue achieves this through a shared vision of being a collaborative, innovative, and future-focused organization committed to excellence.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in urban planning, architecture, engineering, or a closely related field.
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible experience in administration and supervision of a planning or development services department or related agency and Federal, state, county, or local government experience is preferred.
- Candidates with planning and development services backgrounds are encouraged to apply, even if they do not meet 100% of the required experience and qualifications.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrates continuous effort to: improve, simplify and streamline the development approval process; provide consistent turnaround times; streamline work processes; and provide quality, seamless customer service.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with neighboring jurisdictions and agencies to ensure coordinated efforts, leverage technology investment, align administrative practices, and find efficiencies through economies of scale.
- Work collaboratively with the Community Development, Fire, Transportation, and Utilities Department division leaders.
The salary range for this position is up to $222,548, depending on qualifications and experience. The City of Bellevue offers several retirement options and extends employees a full range of leave and benefits.
A brochure, job description, Organizational Chart, and other information on the position are available at:
We look forward to you considering this great opportunity. If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter for the Director of Development Services position in Bellevue, Washington, by email to email@example.com. In addition to your resume and cover letter, a short 15-minute questionnaire must be completed to evaluate your qualifications for the position fully. The following is the link to the questionnaire:
Please complete the questionnaire and submit your resume and cover letter. The position is open until filled; please apply as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mercer Group Associates, Senior Associate Mike Letcher at (520) 891-1953. Thank you for considering this great professional opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit www.surveymonkey.com.